When you join Brunel you will be asked to set up your staff profile on the brunel.ac.uk website. The system is designed to make it easy for you to complete the majority of the fields where you can showcase your expertise and background and the more complete your profile, the better visibility there is for your achievements.
The system used for Staff Profiles collects information about you from fields originating in a number of internal systems, such as CHIME, the Active Directory and BRAD, where you enter information about your publications, activities etc. In order for your Staff Profile to showcase your activities, we recommend that you aim to complete and keep your profile up-to-date in BRAD first before editing your external Staff Profile.
Edit your profile
Simply go to your profile, log in with your Brunel username and password, and complete all the fields required.
*Profiles take up to 31days to leave the system once a staff member leaves.
Get help with your profile
There are three key data sources for personal information that the staff profiles platform pulls data in from – Active Directory (IT), BRAD and our HR’s system.
- Personal details such as your phone number or office location are imported from the Active Directory and are linked to your Brunel Network account.
- If it is incorrect, please email IPT support and request the amends, as listed in the . This will also update what is displayed in Outlook and other systems.
- You need to register for access to BRAD when your Brunel network username and password has been assigned. Please email BRAD with your job title, department and staff/payroll ID number. An account will then be set up for you.
- You add information about your research group, research outputs and publications in , so if something is incorrect try editing your BRAD profile and if that fails please email BRAD to have it amended.
- Details such as your job title, salutation, allocation to a specific department/division, etc are stored here.
- If it's incorrect please email the contact assigned to your specific area. These are listed below:
For technical support, please contact the IT Service Desk.
The profile system imports data from BRAD which is linked to your user account automatically, and by default displays it in your profile.