Looking to build your professional network? New job? New direction? Whatever your reason for adding or refreshing your profile, it is really easy to get started or update.
The more information you can give about your skills, experience and qualifications, the more likely it is that someone will be interested in connecting with you. A complete profile will provide a variety of talking points for potential employers, employees, mentors or mentees to use to initiate a conversation with you.
Here’s how to get started…
- Click on the round profile photo from the top right of the screen or from the drop down menu if accessing via the app (this may be a blank circle if a photo hasn’t been added).
- Select ‘Edit profile’ from the drop down menu that appears. You will see the information you entered when you registered, which may include information you chose to import from LinkedIn or Facebook. In this section you can choose to update your general details, contact information, social media, preferences for offering / seeking help and mentoring, education, experience and add additional details about yourself in the ‘Other Information’ section.
- Be sure to add your preferences in the ‘offer’ and ‘seek’ help and mentoring boxes so that other alumni can reach out to you (or untick the preference boxes if you'd rather not be contacted at the present time).
- Don't forget to add a profile photo to your page to make yourself more personable (and to allow your classmates to recognise you!).
- You can also select to connect and sync your LinkedIn, Facebook or Google accounts to your profile. From the same drop down menu mentioned above from your profile photo, select ‘Settings’ - scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see the options to connect to other accounts.
- From the ‘Settings’ page you can also select to amend your ‘Notifications’ or ‘Privacy’ settings using the section titles at the top of the page.
For extra guidance, a is also available for you to watch.